January 8, 2014
Ad Measurement Grows Up
Ad measurement grows up with holistic focus on Reach, Resonance & Reaction:
Einstein once said: “make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
Answering 3 simple questions will improve your advertising performance:
1) Am I reaching my intended audience ?
2) Is my advertising changing attitudes ?
3) Is it driving sales ?
Great to see that many people in the industry are adopting this simple framework.
January 7, 2014
Premium Content and Ad Effectiveness
Clear-eyed and insightful view of what defines “premium” video content:
To me, premium content means one of several things:
1) Premium audience — e.g. auto intenders, etc.
2) Premium attentiveness — e.g. viewers pay more attention to both the content and the ads
3) Premium context — e.g. the content provides contextual reinforcement to the ad
All of these forms of “premium” content improve advertising effectiveness. Advertisers and their agencies need to ask what premium means–and be sure that it is truly about premium advertising impact.
January 6, 2014
Will Online Video Really Become Like TV?
More from BeetTV on the convergence of linear TV and Online Video: